Sunday, June 25, 2006

Your comments are always welcome!!!

Okay, so the other day an anonymous person posted a comment that bashed my blog and what I do here a bit. I honestly was angry when I first read it and thought about not posting it to the blog. Then I thought why not post it? It is a good balance to post both the ones that are positive and the negative ones. I might not agree with everything all the readers think but I can take the time to listen. A long time ago I used to be very bitter and I would stay angry when others disagreed with me then I learned to not care what people thought of me. I also learned to respect others opinions no matter how much I was against what they believed. I think that happened in a Social Anthropology class I took that the instructor kept drilling into us that we had to see things from the perspective of the other person not our own cultural norm.

So, to KayKay I thank you for reminding me that not everyone that reads this blog is going to like it. I just want to tell you that what I feel that I am doing here is promoting mothers who I believe in. Yes, they have boutiques, products or services for sale. Yes, they are professionals that no matter how much time they spend with their kids they value all their customers. Yes, some are Christians but in no way am I advocating any single religion. I just highlight things that give each of them faith, support and encouragement to achieve their goals, even if that is God or Hello Kitty. I am not putting a spin on anything in my blog, I tell the stories as I see them and hear them. I am spending my very precious time to get these positive stories out to more moms because I truly believe in these PEOPLE!

You might think that I am giving away too much as you said in your post, KayKay, but I am one of those people who wears my heart on my sleeve and if I believe in something or someone I give it or them my all. To me something that is rare these days is women promoting women. I as a consumer also like to know where my hard earned money is going. So, if I am going to spend a bunch of money on a high-end product I much rather give that money to a family that has a small business than to a department store.

My point for doing this is becuase it seems to me like us girls are quick to pull eachother down. So, instead of just opening another online boutique and spending all my time, money and energy in promoting myself and my store I decided to blog. I hope to blog in a manner that goes beyond product reviews and press releases. I hope to start a revolution of mothers believing in one another and helping eachother make it through the journey. These might be big goals for just me to achieve but my "celestial planning committee" has never given up on me, therefore I dream BIG!

If you hate my blog stay tuned I am planning a website just for moms with message boards and more. You are more than welcome to visit them and share your candid opinions anytime you'd like. To KayKay and all thank you for taking the time to read my words. Blog 2 you Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home