Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rock Star WAHM!

I guess since I don't have a little girl of my own I am always fascinated and drawn to wanting to carry all the prettiest, most girly and unique clothes available on the market in my boutique's catalog. I was searching the web again, the other day and I found a site that really has a great new outlook on what can be both girly, yet punk. Vintage Lucy's is an e-boutique dedicated to carrying vintage designs with a hip flair to them. When I first noticed the clothes I was very intrigued by the idea that I couldn't place a label on them. I thought, 'are they vintage?', 'are they rock?', 'are they trendy?', 'are they punk or are they country?', what can I classify these clothes? The more that I looked at them the more I thought, who cares what to label them I want my kids to have them all. I just had to contact the designer to carry Vintage Lucy's in the Boobba Baby catalog. I thoroughly looked at all the products making sure to annotate what all I'd like to retail, actually I wanted it all but I had to keep within financial reason, then I looked at Vintage Lucy's about us page. That in itself made me want to carry the line even more. Tabatha, the mommy behind Vintage Lucy's, seemed so Rock Star Mom, very together and down to earth. She's the cool mom that I aspire to be. So, I wrote her an email begging for the clothes and wanting to know more about her.

What I found was that all my preconceived notions were only the beginning. Yes, Tabatha is a Rock Star Mom. Her love of music influences her designs, in fact when she is making clothes for a client into the wee hours of the night she is blaring music in the background. Usually, Sex Pistols, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline or Social Distortion, the music effects what she is designing at the time. Tabatha's late great-grandmother Lucille, whom the line is named after, is another big influence. She remembers being a little girl at Lucille's 1920's bungalow in Downey, California where she helped raise her and her two brothers. When Tabatha finds vintage table linens, hankies and retro prints that she must use in her designs she knows it is great-grandma guiding her hand. Tabatha said that her own life is also a source of inspiration for her designs, a life filled with ups and downs that she handles with true rock star grace. In 2000, when her brother passed away Tabatha took in his son and has since continued to raise him. When she tells me this I thought how hard that most have been for her since she has four children of her own. Before I can even ask that question Tabatha adds that her brothers passing brought her heartache but that his son has been a pleasure to raise. The more that I get to know her the more I can see why her designs are so, unique! You see, she isn't your typical mom, well she isn't your typical woman, she is much more than that she is extraordinary. A lady that has tattooed sleeves on both arms who sews like an angel and who's heart is filled with love. Love for her children, love of all things musical, a love for the past and especially a love for creating art out of clothing. She doesn't want to raise her children to fit into anyone's cookie cutter mold, she wants them to express who they are, how ever they choose to be inspired to do so. She yearns to bring hip funky fashions to the youngsters and make quality products at the same time. I think she has more than accomplished her goal. She adores the idea that Vintage Lucy's is quickly becoming the go to line for parents who are similar minded and want more from a children's line than teddy bears and bunnies.

Vintage Lucy's began out of a Tabatha's desire to stay at home with her children in 2002, yet from her persona (1 part June Clever, 1 part Lucille and 2 parts Rock Star) developed much more than the typical line of clothing that any crafty hen could come up with. So, if you too are a rock star mom or a mommy who isn't waving the soccer mom flag from the SUV, please visit Vintage Lucy's website to purchase what is hotter than hot in children's clothing. By the way I'll warn you, Tabatha's daughter Bailey is going to blow you away with the attitude that she models the clothing for her momma.

Thank you for taking the time to read my words. Blog 2 you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home