Sunday, June 18, 2006

You too could get free money...

Okay, so you've heard those stories about people suddenly finding this large amount of money that the state was holding for them and you think, Bull#*@!. I know, I know, I was right there with you until the other day. I have to first give a shout out to my little bro, thanks for the free money AJ! I always knew mommy had you for a reason! Okay, so the story goes like this. I'm on the phone with AJ (the little brother) and he is offering to take the kids so, Doug and I can go on a date for our anniversary. I said no and he said well, we can watch them so you can work on the web site before Doug comes home. I asked to talk to his girlfriend and we chit chat a bit then I hear AJ in the background. He's asking her to tell me to go to some web site. He gets back on the phone and asks if I can go to the state web site where they post who's got money waiting for them to claim. Thinking he's full of it, I say sure sweetie what's the address. He gives it to me and tells me that he has gotten a letter twice now when he has gone to the DMV that someone by his name has money that needs to be claimed that is being kept by the state treasurer. I'm thinking well, there might be some reality to this because although we call him AJ, his real name is very different and I think my mom might have made it up, so he must have money. We look and to all my surprise after filling out forms and waiting for a PDF download I have the pleasure of telling him that he has to claim $70.24, from some old job that never paid him. He said thanks, I'll get the form from you later, we chatted some more and got off the phone. I sit in front of the site page about to click it closed but I start thinking about how much I wanted to avoid working on the web site. I figured why not play around on this new site by entering the names of people I knew. Why not start with my last name, it is unique enough that how many Bjorkquist's would pop up? Low and behold, Lidia A Bjorkquist pops up. Holy SH*$, I think, little ol'me? Yes, so I start filling out the forms and call my sweet little brother back. I tell him and as he is telling me, "If you get more than me I am going to be MAD!". I tell him hold your horses we don't know how much yet and then I break into a hysterical laughter. AJ had to just get used to being mad because I had $975.05, waiting for me from an old job, too! Yes, nearly 1000 dollars that had gone unpaid to me for over five years that the state was holding. I couldn't believe it. So, for you go and check your state's website of unclaimed property. Goggle the state you live in and the words unclaimed property for example: CA Unclaimed Property. Check out the site! Each state does it a bit different, I've come to find out. Oh, yeah I checked the other sates I had lived in too! No more money for me though. You might have some cash from insurance, real estate, a job you left, or an inheritance, who knows. You might have nothing, but the state charges you nothing for checking or claiming your money, so why not give it a try? If I hadn't played around thinking I'd find nothing my money would have gone unclaimed for who knows how many more years. Good luck to all and I hope you find more than I did. If you pass this information in an email to friends and you might just be helping them find free money, also. Thanks for taking the time to read my words. Blog 2 you later! See below Non-believers! TOM GALLAGHER CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER STATE OF FLORIDA CLAIM NUMBER : C1457810 Form DFS-UP-107 LIDIA ANAIN BJORKQUIST Claim for Unclaimed Property Pursuant to Section 717.124, Florida Statutes - CLAIM FILED BY OTHER THAN THE APPARENT OWNER NAME OF OWNER(S) : BJORKQUIST, LIDIA TYPE : PRIMARY NONE TYPE : DESCRIPTION OF REPORTED PROPERTY : CLAIM AMOUNT:$975.05 CASH BALANCE : $975.05 ACCOUNT NUMBER : 13591491 COMPANY NAME : JUPITER MEDICAL CENTER TYPE OF PROPERTY : WAGES, PAYROLL, SALARY TO FILE YOUR CLAIM, FOLLOW STEPS 1 THROUGH 8.

2 Comments:

Blogger Posh Princess said...

This is in response to the first comment. I'm trying to figure out what your comment has to do with this blogger's information on how you may have unclaimed money out there? It seems this blogger is just trying to look out for everyone and let them know that they may have some "free" money out there waiting to be claimed. This is awesome! I do not understand why you would go onto a person's blog and bash them for trying to help others, especially moms that are trying to better themselves and their families by not only staying at home and raising their kids and keeping a home but also trying to work out of their home and bring in an extra income to help off set bills and other expenditures. You are obviously upset that you cannot do the same things as this blogger, however, you should not take your frustrations out on this person and their ability to do so. The blogger has obviously worked their butt off to get to where they are today, and they continue to work their butt off to stay that way and become even better on top of that! If you had as much drive and as many goals as this blogger did, maybe you too could do the same. Keep your hate comments to the blogs that can relate, I'm sure you can find someone that blogs that is as negative as you. You all should get together and talk about it, but there is no hate in this blog and I'm sure this blogger would like to keep it that way! Now you run along and have a great day! You might try to bring someone down with your negativity but I won't let that happen to this blogger. Your negativity just fuels her fire and makes her stronger! So, thanks!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Well kaykay, I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. If you had done your homework as you said you have, you would see that blogging is exactly WHERE internet businesses are going now. Especailly alot of WAHM and small business owners. Why?!? In my opinion it seems to be a great place to keep customers, friends and family updated on the happenings of their business and personal life if they choose to share on their blogs.
As a customer I find that I can get to know the store owner better through their blog, develop more of a personal connection rather than just being customer #657981126781387 like I am when I shop at the big guys like amazon.com or bestbuy.com. Do you think the big guys live & breathe their website?!? Nah, they have hired help to deal with you, customer #657981126781387 if you have an urgent problem regarding your recent order. But good luck getting ahold of someone and getting A+, great service!!!! I guarantee that WAHM's live & breathe their websites even when they are out all day with their children. I know, as I am a WAHM...and thanks to my hard work, my determination, support from my family & friends, and my web customers who have NEVER had a problem contacting me, I CAN be a WAHM and be lucky enough to take my children to the park in the middle of the day! They are the luckiest children in the world and I am the luckiest mom in the world. But my mind is still ALWAYS on my website. I check emails constantly throughout the day, looking for orders, or emails from customers who need anything!

And who knows where you are going with your comment on the "Christian spin"....what does religion have to do with anything? I don't recall reading anywhere that Boobba Baby only accepts Christian customers?!?!? Don't understand what you are trying to say there, and quite frankly I don't care.....just thought it was an ODD comment!?!
Anyway, I guess we are all FREE to voice our opinions...however you don't seem to be expressing an opinion here. You seem to be the "know it all" on owning a boutique business. Perhaps you should start a blog on the in's and out's of running a boutique business!
Have a happy day kaykay! :-)
And feel free to visit my website at http://www.sweet-pea-creations.com and my BRAND NEW blog at http://sweet-pea-creations.blogspot.com/ :-)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home