Monday, August 14, 2006

Let's beat them at their own game!!!

Recently, I have gotten several emails about advertising on Top 100 sites or sites that specialize in boutique directories. Some of these solicitation proclaimed to be wonderful deals and they fell just short of saying they were doing me a huge service. What these solicitation should actually say how much they are trying to screw me out of my hard earned money that could be better spent on my own business or family. I am not mentioning who these greedy moms are but the "deal" was for a list of 100 words that were being sold for $50 each to the first bidder for one year. If 100 people really give this person $50 each she will bring in $5000 and for what? What is she really providing you? The possibility of maybe attracking traffic to your site?

I understand the mechanics behind this thinking. We all know how search engines rank us, that we need links, links connected to our keywords/phrases, we know it is hard work getting visitors just to our sites. We also know that converting visitors into window shoppers into buying customers is very hard. I have since I started my site tracked each and every visitor that comes to my site from a 100 list, ad blog, or web directory. Not one of these visitors has become a paying customer. I have also spoken to many moms who have also paid for these pricy ads and most of them have had the same results, nothing!

So, my proposal to all of you boutique owning moms is let's beat them at their own game! Instead of one or two lists where you have to pay $50 for just one key word how about 100 of these lists for free! There is no catch you only have to do a few things. I have a few moms who are willing to help me put together these lists because they too are fed up with expensive ads that result in nothing.

Okay, so what do you have to do? Send me your site name and up to five keywords you'd like to claim. We will work on a first come first served basis. That way it is fair and that is why I need five choices from you. If your keywords are taken I will contact you via email to see if you can come up with one not yet taken.

September 15th will be the cut off date for keyword submissions. Me and the other moms will make the HTML page and send it to you. You then have to upload it to your site but not part of your store. Into the Cpanel and we can even help you match your site look or you can use the template we design. If we get 100 boutique moms to get on board then we have at least 100 lists out there all on sites that are constantly being crawled and indexed by search engines. That is more than beating them at their own game!

I am a huge proponent of moms helping moms. That is why I am not into just one mom making 5 grand off other moms who are all trying to make do and make better lives for their children. We'd all like to have an extra 5 grand, believe me I would but for me my integrity and sleeping well at night is worth far more than that. The best way to shut down these operations like blogs that charge $85 dollars a month for a banner ad is to stop giving them our money and finding our own ways of helping one another. DON'T give anyone money for nothing!!! Don't exploit yourself! And don't buy crap ads on top 100 lists that are being auctioned on eBay!!!

So, if you are interested write me an email the email address is advertising@boobba-baby.com! This is and will remain free!!! Also, if you'd like to be part of a board of boutique moms I am creating contact me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Corporate Mom said...

Great idea. Tell me how this works. Please explain how this works vs the top 100 list.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a really great idea. If I weren't just a blogger, I'd be all for it!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home