Wednesday, July 05, 2006

NO, NO's are a No, no!

I spent the greater part of today talking on the phone with a lady who is just a wealth of information and incredibly fun to talk to. She made me crack up about a thousand times and I related to her on many personal levels. She gave me enlightening tips on how to make a business thrive and keep customers happy, which I will share with you here. The gal I am referring to is Jacky owner of Rhinestone Fashions. Jacky is a successful eBay power seller with 100% positive feedback and repeat customers galore! She is now diligently working on employing her eBay success techniques on her newest web site. Jacky, is a work at home mom of four children who supports her family solely on her eBay income quite the achievement. Her eBay success has allowed for her husband to also be a work at home parent. Now they both can turn all their energy towards their business and their children. I bet you want to know how they were able to do this. Well, when I asked Jacky about her formula for success the one thing that stood out the most from her advice was for all sellers to think like buyers. Some of you may have heard of doing this before but the way that Jacky states it was a new and refreshing way to put it.

She asked me if I liked being told no. Of course I said that I did not like being told no. She quickly replied that no one did. She told me that buyers don't want to hear, see or read any implications of the word no. She said especially on eBay where shoppers come into a listing in a good mood seeing a bunch of no can put them in a bad mood and turn them off to your listing. Jacky, keeps to the motto keep it simple. Her listings are simply descriptions and pictures of the products. What you don't want to do according to her is have a listing that is beaming with terms of sale. She says that for most buyers that is a put off because it implies mistrust. She then told me that no, no's are a no, no! She wasn't just simply referring to the use of the word no she was referring to anything that could be implied from any of your policies as a no!

"The word only=NO! If you tell a buyer you only take Pay Pal then you are saying NO to checks, money orders, credit cards and cashiers checks."

Jacky reminded me that money is money and you should give your customer the option of paying any way they want to or can. She said that if a seller would rather get payment through Pay Pal then instead state it as, "seller prefers Pay Pal" but to not do it in the description of the item. She said the best place for that is towards the bottom with the eBay info.

She says that just being flexible with your terms of sale, providing quality products and friendly service will not only make your listings attractive to your buyers but they will become repeat customers. Those repeat customers will then refer more business to you. She feels that Rhinestone Fashions has been mostly built on word of mouth. When she first started she was told that their was no way, that she'd never and that only a few people could manage to do well with what she planned on selling on eBay. Well, as you can tell no, no's to Jacky are a no, no. She didn't even listen to the nay sayers and did what she knows best work hard at proving that no is not in her vocabulary. She has become a success and is willing to help others learn how to be better business owners. The rhinestone onesies pictured in this post are part of her creations that you can check out at her web site http://www.rhinestonefashions.com/! Stay tuned for other posts where I will share more of Jacky's wisdoms with you! I figured we learn one implement it and then we can move on to the next one.

Thanks again Jacky for sharing your knowledge with me, taking the time to listen, sharing many stories with me and for making me laugh SO much today!

Hope you readers can use this information not only selling on eBay but in your web sites, too! Blog 2 you Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Jacky shared some really GREAT info! I look forward to hearing more from her, and hearing more about her new website ventures!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home