Sunday, July 02, 2006

Do you have Monkey Toes?

I personally have Piggy Toes, little short stubby piggy toes! My mother-in-law not only likes to remind me of the fact that I have piggy toes she also likes to laugh at my poor little toes! Poor Toes, they never hurt anyone. On the toes subject I have recently come to really enjoy saying, "Monkey Toes", it is such a cute expression and there are some really adorable shoes and socks that go with that expression.
My sons flipped for these the minute they saw them! Most kids that see the Monkey Toes shoes really want a pair of their own to just adore and cherish! After talking to the Monkey Toes designer Jenny Chism I realized why these hand painted shoes have become such a huge hit among kids. My talk with Jenny focused on how she first came up with the idea for monkey toes, where she gets the idea for such cute new designs and the company’s mission. What I found out follows below.
Owning a business was a long time dream for Jenny. Hand painting shoes with cute and fun animal themes began as a way of bringing her peace of mind during her morning routine of dressing her daughters. This peace of mind idea would launch her into the world of entrepreneurship since she figured other parents would also benefit from footwear that children would love to put on. So, she used what was a pet name for her daughter's long toes, "Monkey Toes", and made it a brand. When I asked Jenny how she comes up with the ideas for such cute designs she responded, "I come up with new characters based on my customer’s ideas! Sometimes new ideas just pop into my head, but most of the time customers tell me what their kids LOVE and we create them! We are getting ready to start sending out our new Wowie Cowie designs and shortly after we will have Silly Monkey's and Spunky Spiders. We are so excited to see what kids think!”
Jenny, pictured above with her daughters, is also an inspiration to all Moms’s out there she balances being a business owner, designer and single mother very well. Her company is growing by leaps and bounds because she is in touch with what kids want. When asked how she manages to do it all she said that it was a carefully orchestrated combination of Red Bull, Chocolate, and Starbucks Soy Chai Lattes that keeps her on top of it all! Hmm, I must try that! Monkey Toes is very committed to keeping kids stylish while providing parents with peace of mind and ease in dressing routines. Check out the other great Monkey Toes styles at www.Boobba-Baby.com! New styles coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home