Sunday, June 11, 2006

Need a Father's Day Present for the hubby?

I personally hate shopping for electronic toys for my husband for three reasons:
  1. All the high tech mumbo jumbo is like Greek to me. I can read and edit HTML, but I have no idea what the difference between an MP3 and an IPOD is. Is there a difference?
  2. I just plain don't care about all those technological gadgets.
  3. My husband can and does get himself exactly what he wants leaving me to shop for other things he loves but won't buy for himself.

So, after years of being married and learning that you can't change a T-shirt kind of guy into the collared shirt type, I have become quite the T-shirt guru. I never knew before my husband schooled me that men aren't satisfied with getting just any old tee with a witty saying. Men want the fabric to be soft, the collar to not ride into their necks, the seams to not be scratchy and to have more options than just text on the shirt. So, for you girls out there still in need of some presents for the Daddies in your lives here are some great sites for T-Shirts. Clicking on the shirts pictured below will take you directly to the sites that offer them for sale, just to make it even easier for you.

For the man that is into art most anything from Defunker.com should catch his eye. My personal favorite from them and my latest buy is the Jezabelle tee by Brown Sound that they sell. I think I love it so much because it really brings out the green in my husband's eyes, but he loves it because it is made of very soft cotton. Want to check out more T-shirts offered by Defunker click on the picture of the Jezabelle.

Note the next few tees are not for the "PC" types! They are all for sale at BustedTees and are for those who can appreciate jokes. For the sports lover that hates the Yankees, like my husband, father and brother do, BustedTees offers the perfect shirt for him sold in grey and pictured below.

The husband who hates Nascar or the wife who does can wear this next tee to let everyone know how they feel.

This next tee also by BustedTees is one that everyone might not get at first but the gun toting, hunting and gathering sort of man will crack up right away and so, will the History teacher type.

For those of you who are on the left coast the The Ryde designs T-shirts are true to California living and might be your cup of tea. Doug and I miss living in the San Francisco Bay area so when I got him the shirt pictured below he smiled. Funny because The Ryde motto slogan is "We make the clothes that make you smile".

TrippinTees.com is really good for super witty sayings and cool graphics and these are probably the softest shirts on the market. They also sell ladies tees that are very cute I just bought the one on the left for the hubby, the one in the middle for me, plus the one on the right for my future sister in law. Hey, I like shopping especially when a company gives extra incentives to buy more and TrippinTees offers free shipping if you buy three or more. To get to their website just click any of the tees below.

Last but not least are the Tees by Old Guys Rule my personal favorites to give to the my own father. As a joke I think I'm going to give Doug one too, when he turns 30 in a few months. All of the Old Guys Rule line Tees in one way or another display their motto, "Old Guys Rule". The graphics on these go very well with their motto. My Dad now has a few and he likes to wear them as a way to commemorate that in fact he is old but he still rules. Below are a few samples that you can click on if you are interested in getting to their site.

If you ever find any or already know of some other lines that are great let me know, I am always on the hunt for new T-shirts. It is so much nicer to buy things that are a bit more original than what you can find at Old Navy or Abercrombie and that also cost less, too. I personally have not bought from either one of those places after finding these great sites. I was pretty much tired of paying 30-50 dollars for a T-Shirt that would fade and/or shrink in the wash, plus pretty much everywhere we went some other guy had the same tee on. Well, I hope I gave you plenty of different options when it comes to buying tees for the man in your life or even for yourself. Thanks for taking the time to read my words! Blog 2 you later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

LOL! Love the T's ;-)
I know a FEW guys who will appreciate the 2nd amendment tee! Bookmarked their site for future gift buying....Thanks!

11:58 PM  
Blogger thatsmyshirt said...

Those tees are great. A great site for all these type of t-shirts is Pimpyourshirts.com. They carry all the best soft vintage style t-shirts from all the vintage t-shirt shops so it makes it easy.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home